3.124 FAQ-709 How do I refer to fitting parameters in the Set Column Values dialog?
Last Update: 8/9/2015
Origin generates tables on a hierarchy result sheet to hold parameter values and other information.
To refer to parameter values from such tables and use it in the Set Column Values dialog:
1) Right-click the Parameters table and choose Create Copy as New Sheet.
A flat worksheet is created.
2) Select the column where you want to set the formula and open the Set Column Values dialog.
3) Choose Variables: Add Range Variable by Selection... from the Set Column Values dialog menu.
4) Go to the newly created flat sheet and select the parameter value cell, e.g. y0 value.
5) Click the button. The Insert Mode dialog will appear. Select Column Notation radio box. You can select other options for your own need.
Click OK button, a range variable will be defined in the Before Formula Scripts panel in the Set Column Values dialog.
6) Then you can use r1 in the Formula edit box, such as:
Note: If you have Origin or OriginPro 9.0 SR2 or below, you need define double variable as an intermediate variable in the Before Formula Scripts panel before enter the formula in the Formula edit box.
If input data changes, the fitting result and the set column formula will update to reflect the change.
Keywords:fitting, parameter, formula
Minimum Origin Version Required: 9.1 SR0