Technical Sales Representative
posted June 1, 2018
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated Technical Sales Representative to join our team, to keep pace with expanding sales opportunities. The focus is to build and maintain relationships with key customer sites, with a view to help scientists and engineers make optimal use of our products.
- Arrange online and/or on-site demonstrations of our products to potential customers.
- Stay abreast of new product features and improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customer sites via phone, e-mail, and possible site visits.
- Provide on-site and online training or demo of the software for existing and potential customers.
- Work closely with our Customer Care and Technical Support departments to help identify growth opportunities in new and existing customer sites.
- Keep sales database up to date with all sales opportunities and contacts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated self-starter, who is eager to grow with the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to, and build rapport with scientists and engineers.
- BS in Physical Sciences or Engineering, MS preferred.
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with all product features and improvements.
- Willingness to travel within the US and to Canada.
- Strong consideration will be given to applicants with experience using Origin or similar products for data analysis and graphing.
This is not a typical nine to five job! We are offering an opportunity for an individual who is ready to challenge themselves, take charge of their career, and be part of a dynamic and growing sales team.
We provide an entrepreneurial environment, encourage new ideas and initiatives, and offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. OriginLab will also sponsor the right candidate for a H1-B.
OriginLab is a world-wide leading developer of data analysis and graphing software. Our products provide a comprehensive solution for scientists and engineers who need to analyze, graph, and professionally present data. We are committed to providing the best support and solutions to our customers. We strive to exceed customer expectations.
Northampton is located along the banks of the scenic Connecticut River in Western Massachusetts. Northampton is recognized as a top rated town for a distinctive downtown, arts and culture, families, education, historic preservation, and outdoor activities. Northampton is home to Smith College, and along with Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College and UMass Amherst located nearby, the five campuses have over 2000 faculty members and 30,000 students.
Who to Contact:
Interested candidates should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org