This app can be used to import HDF5 file (.h5, .he5, .hdf5) or MATLAB's version 7.3 mat file from a file or website in Origin 2019b or later. It can connect to the source file, when the source is changed, the imported data in Origin is also updated.
This App is not pre-installed with Origin. To install, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button beside HDF Connector to install the App.
- With the worksheet or matrix sheet active, click on the Data menu. If you are connecting to a file on your PC or network, click Connect to File: HDF. If you are connecting to a web file, choose Data: Connect to Web: HDF. Choose a file or enter a URL and click OK.
- In the Data Connector Browser dialog, all variables in the mat file or HDF5 file are listed as a tree. There is a column on the right of each variable to indicate where each variable can be imported, and options include Worksheet, Matrix sheet or both. Double-click on the variable or click on the Down button to add the vairable to the imported list. Click OK button, selected variables in the file will be imported in Origin's worksheet or matrix sheet.
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the book to open a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save a book's data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that book and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each book has its own Exclude setting.
- Some MATLAB's variable types are not supported in this App: e.g. string array, table array, dataset array and array of date and time values.
- For MATLAB's version 7 or lower versions mat file, a prompt will be shown to suggest using Origin's MATLAB Connector App.