This DOE app helps you determine the relationship between factors affecting a process and the output of that process.
You can use it to design an experiment, analyze experimental data and optimize output.
- Various types of designed experiments to help you create a design.
- Customization of design table by replication, randomization, blocking, etc.
- Fit of mathematical model to data from test runs.
- Diagnostic statistics and graphs to help you interpret the results.
- Optimization of response after defining factor constraints.
The app requires R software (minimum required version 3.4.1) and packages (rsm, FrF2, alr3, qpcR).
For Origin version older than 2020b:
- Install R or upgrade it before installing the App (download R from here).
- Download the file DOE.opx, and drag-and-drop the file onto Origin workspace to install the App.
- The App will start downloading dependent R packages. Wait a few minutes until it is completed.
For Origin 2020b and later versions:
- Run Origin as administrator. Download the file DOE.opx and install it by choosing Tools->Package Manager->Tools->Install a Package.
- After App installation, a pop-up dialog will ask if you agree to download and install R software before it proceeds. (If automatic downloading fails, you can install the App again or download R from here.)
- For the first time you launch the App, it will start downloading dependent R packages. Wait a few minutes until it is completed.
Note: If downloading packages fails, a pop-up dialog will ask you to copy 2 lines of commands from Results Log and run them in R to complete downloading packages.
If you reinstall or upgrade R after installing the app, it would not work properly. Please reinstall the app.
Click the app icon to open the dialog with 4 buttons. Click one of them to open a dialog.
Identify factors and levels for each factor. Use techniques of the design to create a design table that makes the experiment cost-effective. Conduct a series of experiments and collect response data for each run in the table. The following types of design are supported.
- Factorial Design
- 2-Level Factorial
- General Full Factorial
- Response Surface Design
- Central Composite
Fit a model to data collected using the design. Evaluate which factors have a significant impact on the response. You can interpret the relationship between factors and response through a variety of analytical tools and graph tools.
Determine what levels of factors should be to achieve a desired response. You can choose goals like minimize, maximize and target to optimize. Put constraints on factor levels before optimization.
This app provides a help file that introduces design of experiments and explains dialog settings. Click ? button in dialog or press F1 to open it.
Sample OPJU File
This app provides a sample OPJU file and a data file. Right click on the app icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file DOE Sample.opju from the folder onto Origin. The Notes window in the project shows detailed steps.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).