6.96 FAQ-1124 What should I do if I fail to start Origin license service and see a "The license server manager (lmgrd) is already serving all vendors, exiting." error in the log file?
Last Update: 1/14/2022
If you try to start the Origin license server by clicking the Start Server button on the Start/Stop/Reread tab of LMTools, but get the following error on the status bar:
VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log
When you look into the debug log file, you may see something like the following:
18:13:21 (lmgrd) orglab already running 27000@ServerName
18:13:21 (lmgrd) The license server manager (lmgrd) is already serving all vendors, exiting.
It is probably because you have configured two instances of OriginLab license service on the same server, so the 2nd one could not start.
- Go to the Config Services tab. You will see all existed services listed in the Service Nmae drop-down list. Check if more than one services set to the same lmgrd.exe/Origin license files. If so, you can keep only one service and stop the others.
- Select the unwanted service from the Service Nmae drop-down list. Go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab. Click Stop Server to stop this service
- Now go to the Service/License File tab. Select the service you want to keep.
- Go to Start/Stop/Reread tab and click Start Server button. See if the service is started.
If it works now, you can safely remove the unwanted service from LMTools:
- Go to Config Services tab. Select the unwanted service from the Service Name drop-down list. Click Remove Service button to remove it.
- Open Task Manager dialog.
- Go to the Services tab (you may need to click "More details" link to see the Services tab). All services on this machine is listed here. Search for the Origin license services you setup.
- If you find any, please right click on it and select Stop to stop them.
- Go back to LMTools. Try to restart the server again.
Keywords:license, VD already start, serving all vendors, cannot start server