6.42 FAQ-711 I see a Dongle driver error message, Notepad or am asked to enter a license. What is wrong?
Last Update: 10/20/2015
Why does Notepad open when I try to run my Dongle-managed Origin?
Why do I see "No driver found" when I plug in my Dongle?
Why do I see "The system cannot find the file specified" when I plug in my Dongle?
Why do I see a 3 min expiration warning?
Why am I asked to enter a license when Origin starts? For this issue contact us.
Note: If you have had a recent Windows Update, please reboot your computer before installing the updated driver (below). This may resolve the problem without needing to install the driver.
Updated dongle drivers are now available for running Dongle-managed Origin and OriginPro. This latest driver fixes the following:
- Origin/Pro 8.x and 9.x dongle driver conflict if installed on the same PC.
- Origin/Pro 8.x and 9.x compatibility on Windows XP 64bit, Windows Vista 32bit and 64bit, Windows 7 32bit and 64bit and Windows 8 32bit and 64bit.
- Origin/Pro 8.5 SR1 installer not installing successfully.
- Origin/Pro 7.5, 8.x and 9 Windows Standby mode problems.
- Origin/Pro 7.5 compatibility on Windows Vista and Windows 64bit.
The following instructions can be used to install the updated Dongle driver.
- Close Origin/Pro if it is running.
- Remove the Dongle from the USB port.
- Download and save the Dongle Driver named Install.zip to your computer.
- Double-click on the Install.zip file.
- Double-click on the Install.exe file to run the driver installer.
- Check the Uninstall check box and click on Begin Uninstall. **This is necessary to clean out the old driver if it has installed or installed improperly.
- Click Finish when the uninstall has completed.
- Double-click on the Install.exe file again to run thd driver installer.
- Check both the USB check boxes (both 2 and 3) and click on Begin Install.
- Click Finish when the installation has completed.
- Plug the Dongle into the USB port and wait for the Windows Found New Hardware Wizard to complete the installation.
- Start Origin.
If you are asked to enter a license when Origin starts, please contact us.
Keywords:licensing, Dongle, dongle drivers