27.11.7 Wind Rose-Raw Data
Select one Y column (or a range from one Y column). The X column displays the wind direction, and the Y columns contain the wind speed values. If there is an associated X column, X column supplies X values; otherwise, sampling interval of the Y column or row number is used.
Creating the Graph
- Select required data.
- From the menu, choose
- Click the Wind Rose-Raw Data button on the 2D Graphs toolbar.
- Then the dialog of the plot_windrose X-Function opens, allowing you to specify the options for creating the graph.
- Click OK in the dialog to create the graph.
The dialog of the plot_windrose X-Function
Specify the input data range.
- Wind Direction
- Specify the data range for wind direction data.
- Wind Speed
- Specify the data range for wind speed data.
- Choose the rows of the data range from which the windrose graph is plotted.
- The first row of the range.
- The last row of the range.
|Number of Direction Sectors
The direction data will be divided into sectors and the counts of data points that fall into each sector will be used to create the windrose plot. You can select or enter the number of sectors for direction data here.
Specify the direction labels which will be shown on the windrose plot.
- Show four direction labels in the windrose, including N, E, S, W.
- Show eight direction labels in the windrose, including N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW.
- Show sixteen direction labels in the windrose, including N, NNE, NE, ENE, E, ESE, SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW, W, WNW, NW, NNW.
Specify the settings for wind speed binning.
- Minimum Speed
- Specify the minimum binning level for wind speed.
- Maximum Speed
- Specify the maximum binning level for wind speed.
- Specify the increment (bin size) used in the binning.
- Number of Intervals
- This is not editable. It displays the number of intervals used in the wind speed binning. This is calculated with the current values of Minimum Speed, Maximum Speed and Increment.
Specify the orientation of the wind directions.
- Direction (Blowing From)
- The directions are where the wind blows from.
- Flow Vector (Blowing To)
- The directions are where the wind blows to.
|Quantity to Compute
Specify what to calculate for each bin.
- Compute and output the count of each bin.
- Percent Frequency
- Compute and output the percent frequency of each bin.
|Subtotal Count for Each Speed Interval
Specify whether or not to output subtotal count/percent frequency for each speed interval. When the Quantity to Compute is Count, subtotal count will be outputted; otherwise, percent frequency will be outputted.
WindRose.OTP (installed to the Origin program folder).
- When you plot the Wind Rose from raw data, a worksheet named WindRose is added to the source workbook. It stores the binned data from which the Wind Rose is plotted. For more information about the 2D binning algorithm, please refer to The TwoDBinning.
- The "calms" (wind speed records that are 0) is counted separately during the binning and the result is listed in the last column in the WindRose sheet.