Service Release 2 for Origin 8.5.1
This service release can be applied to all language versions of Origin 8.5.1/OriginPro 8.5.1 SR0 (b295) and SR1 (b313). In Origin, select Help:About Origin to verify your version before patching, and then select the appropriate link in the table below.
Reasons to Update
SR2 is exclusively a patch for bug fixes. View the entire list of bug fixes, or go to the main release notes page.
Instructions can be found below this Downloads table.
You can obtain this patch, as well as any updated help files, by running the software and selecting
Help: Check for Updates. Or, follow the instructions below.
- Close all other applications, including Origin/OriginPro 8.5.1.
- Download Service Release 2 from the table above.
- Save the patch to your Origin \Updates folder.
Note: Please do NOT rename the file.
- Run the patch by double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer. Alternatively,
select the Start button on your desktop and then the Run menu. Locate the
file using the Browse button and click OK.
- Review the Release Notes to see what has been fixed or added.
Note: When you have applied this patch, your Origin version number should be
b315. You can confirm that the installation has completed successfully by launching Origin/OriginPro and selecting Help: About Origin.