Service Release 6 for Origin 8 (from SR4 or SR5 only)
This service release can be applied to all language versions of Origin 8/OriginPro 8 SR4 (8.0951) and Origin 8/OriginPro 8 SR5 (8.0987) only. To verify your version before patching, select Help:About Origin. If you have Origin/OriginPro 8:
Reasons to Update
SR6 is mainly a bug fix patch. View the entire list of bug fixes, features added/changed in SR6 - or go to the main release notes page.
Top 5 SR5 Bugs Fixed are:
- Licensing: Some notebook users running node-locked Origin (license based on Origin Computer ID) may see the licensing dialog box after applying the SR5 patch and restarting Origin. This will only happen if the network card used in obtainning the license was disabled or removed and Origin was running on cached licensing info mode.
- LabTalk™ commands: bug fixes, e.g. min(), max(), string.Remove() functions, etc.
- Save Workbook as OGW file will alter OPJ save path.
- Axes titles keep on shifting when doing copy page in Graph window.
- German Specific: Origin crashs or closes without warning when change data range in plotted data during Fitting.
For SR4 users, you should apply the SR6 patch to get the feature enhancements provided in SR5 and other bug fixes in SR5 and SR6.
Instructions can be found below this Downloads table.
You can obtain this patch, as well as any updated help files, by running the software and selecting Help: Check for Updates. Or, follow the instructions below.
- Close all other applications, including Origin/OriginPro 8.
- Download Service Release 6 from the table above.
- Save the patch to your Origin \Updates folder.
Note: Please do NOT rename the file.
- Run the patch by double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer. Alternatively,
select the Start button on your desktop and then the Run menu. Locate the
file using the Browse button and click OK.
- Review the Release Notes to see what has been fixed or added.
Note: When you have applied this patch, your Origin version number should be 8.0988. You can confirm that the installation has completed successfully by launching Origin/OriginPro and selecting Help: About Origin.