Service Release 2 for Origin 8
This service release can be applied to all language versions of Origin 8 SR0 (8.0725) and OriginPro 8 SR0 (8.0725), as well as Origin 8 SR1 (8.0773) and OriginPro 8 (SR1) (8.0773). To verify your version before patching, select Help:About Origin.
You can obtain this patch, as well as any updated help files, by running the software and selecting Help: Check for Updates. Or, follow the instructions below.
- Close all other applications, including Origin/OriginPro 8.
- Download Service Release 2 from the table below.
- Save the patch to your Origin \Updates folder.
Note: Please do NOT rename the file.
- Run the patch by double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer. Alternatively,
select the Start button on your desktop and then the Run menu. Locate the
file using the Browse button and click OK.
- Review the Release Notes to see what has been fixed or added. Click on the link provided in the Downloads table below.
Note: When you have applied this patch, your Origin version number should be 8.0891. You can confirm that the installation has completed successfully by launching Origin/OriginPro and selecting Help: About Origin.
Updated Help files are not included in the installation. If you would like the updated Help files, please download them from the Downloads table. Please note the following:
German-series users (your serial number starts with an "S" - such as "SF8T5-") can choose to download the German or English updated Help files.
1. German Help files should be saved to the: <<Origin(Pro)8>>\Localization\G\Help folder.
2. English Help files should be saved to the: <<Origin(Pro)8>>\Localization\E\Help folder
English-series users (your serial number starts with a "G", such as "GF3S4-") should ONLY download the updated English Help files.
1. English Help files should be saved to the: <<Origin(Pro)8>>\Localization\E\Help folder