This App can be used to perform the ASTM E1049-85 rainflow cycle counting algorythm for fatigue analysis.
Notes: This App needs Embedded Python and rainflow library.
- Download the clusterNum.opx file, then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace.
- The App will start downloading dependent Python libraries. Wait a few minutes until the download is completed and restart Origin.
- Activate a worksheet. Click the App icon to bring up the dialog.
- Select XY columns of time-stress data.
- Select quantities to report.
- Range: Maximum stress range of a cycle.
- Mean: Average stress range of a cycle.
- Count: Number of cycles (an unmatched half-cycle is counted as a half cycle).
- Cycle index: 1-based start and end index of a cycle.
- Cycle X: Start and end X of a cycle.
- Range Bin Type: Output cycle ranges binned by rounding to a specified number of digits, number of bins or bin size.
- Click OK.
Sample OPJU File
This app provides a sample OPJU file.  Right click the App icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file Rainflow Counting Sample.opju from the folder onto Origin. The Notes window in the project shows detailed steps.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).