This App connects the Origin project to a Word document in docx format. Origin 2020 or later is required.
This App is not pre-installed with Origin. To install, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button beside Word Connector to install the App.
You can connect tables and/or images in the Word document to the Origin project and later alter your previous choices.
- Web Data
Besides connecting to a local file, you can connect your project to data from website.
- With a worksheet active, click on the Data menu.
- To connect to a local file, click Data: Connect to File: Word Document and select the file. To connect to web data, click Data: Connect to Web and enter the URL.
- In the data selection dialog, you can opt in the tables and/images to connect to, then click OK to connect to the selected variables.
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the book to open a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save a book's data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that book and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each book has its own Exclude setting.
- The worksheet in which images are saved is fitted to window, to which please do not add extra column(s) as they will be removed when importing data again.