This app can be used to import from a file or website by a specified Origin import filter. It can connect to the source file, when the source is changed, the imported data in Origin is also updated. Origin 2019b or later, required.
- This App is pre-installed in Origin. You can launch it from the Data menu or from the App icon on the Connector tab of the Apps Gallery, located at the right-side of the Origin workspace.
- If you do not see the menu command or App icon, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button to install an App.
- Make a worksheet active. Click the Import Filter Connector icon in the Apps Gallery window's Connector tab. When connecting to a file on your PC or network, you can launch this App from the Data menu but for web-based files you MUST launch the App from the Apps Gallery, otherwise you will not be prompted to specify your import filter (*.oif) file.
- You will be asked whether you want to import from a website. If you choose No, it will prompt you to choose a file to import in the opened dialog. In the opened Select Filter dialog, select the filter's folder from the drop-down list, four options are available: Show filters in data file folder, Show filters in Origin's Filters folder, Show filters in the User Files Filters folder and Show filters in all folders, and choose an Origin import filter to import the file in the dialog's filter list. Click OK button, the file will be imported in Origin's worksheet.
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the workbook to open a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save a workbook's data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that workbook and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each workbook has its own Exclude setting.