Download the impFolder.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- Click the Import Files from a Folder icon in the Apps Gallery window to open the dialog.
- Click on the browse button to choose a folder path which contains subfolders and files to import.
- Select Keep Folder Structure checkbox to create a subfolder that has the same folder structure as the selected folder path. Each file will be imported into the subfolder it originally locates in. If unchecked, all files will be imported into the current active folder. Note: If users also check Customize Import Settings checkbox, Import Mode (or 1st File Import Mode) would be set as Start New Books in import setting dialog. This setting should Not be altered during customization in order to correctly create same folder structure.
- Select the Customize Import Settings to open the import setting dialog box and specify how to import the files into Origin. After users customize these settings and select OK, every file will be imported with the same customized settings. If unchecked, the default Origin import settings will be applied to each file.
- Select Clone Active Book to import each file into a workbook with a cloned format as the activated workbook in the Origin workspace. Make sure the prototype workbook is activated before selecting Clone Active Book and importing files. Note: If users also check Customize Import Settings checkbox, Import Mode (or 1st File Import Mode) would be set as Start New Books and Template Name would be set as <clone> in import setting dialog. These settings should Not be altered during customization in order to correctly clone active workbook.
- Choose one of the file extensions from the drop-down list, including .dat, .txt, .csv and .xls/.xlsx/xlsm.
- Check Specifying File Names Using Wildcard checkbox and enter file names to import specific files. Wildcard is supported and multiple names (without extension) can be separated with ';' (e.g., sample*;data??).
- Click OK.
Peforming Batch Analysis
This App can be used to perform batch analysis on multiple data files. Follow these steps:
- Create an Analysis Template with the desired analysis operations and graphs.
- Open the Analyis Template and have that as the active window when launching the App
- In the App's dialog, select Clone Active Book checkbox.
For each selected file, the active workbook will be duplicated. When the data is imported from the file, all operations will automatically update, provided you have set the recalculate mode for your opeations to be Auto, in your Analysis Template. If the operations were set as Manual, you can update all books after the import, by pressing the Recalculate button in the Standard toolbar.