This app is for adding confidence ellipse to a given 2D scatter plot
Download the file "2D ConfidenceEllipse.opx", and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
- Activate a scatter plot graph, either select one plot on the graph or select none.
- Click the app icon from the Apps gallery window.
- Set a confidence level (95 by default).
- By default Link Axis Length to Scale with X:Y Ratio is checked. This is to avoid the resulting ellipse being distorted because of different x,y scale.
- Click OK . Confidence ellipse and the long axis and short axis of the ellipse are added to the graph.