This app can be used to:
- Open a workbook template with CIE 1931 color space chromaticity diagram and CIE 1976 UCS (uniform chromaticity scale) diagram.
- Calculate CIE XYZ from photoluminescence spectra and add PL data to the chromaticity diagram.
- Plot L*a*b* data in 2D, 3D and convert L*a*b* data to CIE 1931 xyY.
Download ChromaticityDiagram.opx file, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
With a worksheet or a graph active, click the app icon. A toolbar with three buttons will appear.
- Open Chromaticity Diagram Template
Click the first button, and it will open a workbook template. In the third sheet, two graph templates (CIE 1931 and CIE 1976) are inserted. Open the graph window by double clicking on the worksheet's cell. If you want to show color temperature in CIE 1931, click Show/Hide Color Temperature button on the bottom right of the graph. You can also add your own data to the graph template.
- Chromaticity Diagram with PL
- Click the second button, and it will open the PL2CIE dialog.
- Choose Phtoluminescence Spectra (PL spectra) from the worksheet or the active graph. You can choose multiple PL spectra, and each PL spectrum corresponds to a point in the chromaticity diagram.
- Choose CIE type for the diagram. Two options are available: CIE 1931 and CIE 1976.
- In Graph Settings branch, choose plot type (Scatter or Line+Symbol) and determine whether to show spectrum labels in the graph.
- Click OK button. A chromaticity diagram with points for PL data will be created. If you want to show color temperature in CIE 1931, click Show/Hide Color Temperature button on the bottom right of the graph. Workbook data for the graph will be hidden. You can activate the workbook in Project Explorer.
- L*a*b* Plot
Click the third L*a*b* Plot button, a dialog will be opened and ask the user to choose a goal. Four options are available:
Following graphs can be created using these options.
- 2D Scatter Plot
- 3D Scatter Plot
- 3D Ellipsoid Plot
- Convert CIE 1976 L*a*b* to CIE 1931 xyY
To see how to create above graphs using the app, right-click the app icon in Apps Gallery window, choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. Open LABDoc.opju project file.
- PL spectrum's x data represents wavelength, and the units must be nm.
- In L*a*b* Plot, reference white point is D65, and color space is sRGB.