8.3.8 Zooming on the Graph Page and inside Layer
Zooming is a usally-used function to check the details of a portion of the graph, especially when you are working on large dataset.
Zoom In or Out on Graph Page
Use these features to change the view of the graph page:
||Restore page to 100% view.
- View : Zoom In / View : Zoom Out in the menu
- Ctrl + I / Ctrl + M key
- Zoom-Panning Tool button + + / - key
- A + + / - key
- Ctrl key + Mouse Wheel
- A key + Mouse Wheel
- View: Whole Page in the menu
- Ctrl + W key
- Zoom-Panning Tool button + Z + Home key
- View: Zoom All in the menu
(Zoom out to show all elements in graph window.)
|Enter the percent in the Zoom combo tool on the Standard toolbar.
If you select View: Zoom In/ View : Zoom Out menu or use the hot keys Ctrl + I, to zoom in/ out the desired zoom location in the graph window, you need to click the location after you select the menu command or press the hot keys. After that, if you want to zoom in/ out further, you need to re-select the menu command or re-press the hot keys.
In contrast, the hot keys, Ctrl + M, Ctrl + mouse wheel, A key + mouse wheel and A + +/-, can zoom in/out on the desired zoom location consecutively.
Zoom In or Out Inside One Layer
Besides zoom the whole graph page, you might need to zoom in or out a part of the axis range, without changing the page and layer size. In Origin, the page zooming features only enlarge a portion of the graph page; the layer zooming feature actually just rescale the graph axes (changing the From and To axis scale values).
Here, we have three tools to zoom inside graph layer:
- Scale In and Scale Out Tool
- Axis Magnification: Scale In button + Mouse-drag
- Restore: Double-click Scale In button ; Or, Click Scale Out button
- Create an enlarged graph: Scale In button + Ctrl key + Mouse-drag
- Axis Zoom In and Axis Zoom Out shortcut menu
- Axis Magnification and Minification: Right-click the axis to select Axis Zoom In and Axis Zoom Out shortcut menu to rescale the axis(zoom in or zoom out on current axis direction)
- Scale Zoom-Panning Tool
- Axis Magnification:
(1)On X axis direction: Scale Zoom-Panning Tool button(or X key) + Mouse Wheel(or + / - key) ;
(2)On Y axis direction: Scale Zoom-Panning Tool button(or X key) + Shift Key + Mouse Wheel(or + / - key)
- Z key
- Zoom: Z key + Mouse-Drag to scale in or out inside the current layer on both X and Y direction.