220.127.116.11 The (Plot Details) Ellipse Tab
The (Plot Details) Ellipse tab provides controls for customizing the ellipses of the Ellipse plot.
To plot a ellipse in a 2D rectangular coordinate, you need provide five elements:
- Center X: The X coordinate of the center point of the ellipse, see "X0" in the sample ellipse below
- Center Y: The Y coordinate of the center point of the ellipse, see "Y0" in the sample ellipse below
- Semi-major Axis:The semi-major axis for the ellipse, see "a" in the sample ellipse below
- Semi-minor Axis:The semi-minor axis for the ellipse, see "a" in the sample ellipse below
- Rotation angle:the angle of the semi-major axis from the X axis, in unit of pi. If there is only 4 columns, then no rotation.
- Please note, the major axis of an ellipse is its longest diameter: a line segment that runs through the center and both foci, with ends at the widest points of the perimeter. The semi-major axis is one half of the major axis, and thus runs from the centre, through a focus, and to the perimeter.
Show Ellipse as Rectangle
Show the ellipses as rectangles for the error ellipse plot.
Show Center Points
Specify whether show the center points(from first Y column)for the ellipses. Once you selected this, Symbol tab will appear to let you customize the points.
Specify a column as the length of the semi-major axis for the ellipses. By default, the third selected column will be selected for this item.
Specify a column as the length of the semi-minor axis for the ellipses. By default, the third selected column will be selected for this item.
Specify the thickness for the edge of the ellipses.
Specify the line style for the edge of the ellipses.
Specify the line color for the edge of the ellipses.
Specify the line transparency for the edge and fill of the ellipses.
Specify the fill color for the ellipses.
Transparency for Fill Only
Specify whether use the Transparency for the fill color of the ellipses only.
Controls the rotation for the ellipses.
Specify a dataset to set the rotation angle based on semi-major axis for the ellipses.
Specify a start angle in degree for the ellipses. 0 means the semi-major axis lays on the X axis direction.
Specify the unit for the angle control.
Specify the direction, clockwise or counter-clockwise, to rotate the ellipses.