This app can be used to compare the difference in two multivariate means of two samples or paired samples.
Download the file HotellingT2Test.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Import desired data into a worksheet.
- With worksheet active, click the Hotelling's T-squared Test icon in the Apps Gallery window.
- Choose Sample Type: Two-Sample or Paired-Sample.
- Select the desired columns for two groups of data. The data must have the same number of columns. For Paired-Sample, they must have the same number of rows.
- Select Distribution Assumption for the test. Two options are available: F-distribution and Chi-squared Approximation.
F-distribution is assumes that data are normally distributed, while Chi-squared approximation only requires existence of second moments.
- Click OK button, and a report worksheet with the test result will be created.