This tool is an enhanced version of the built-in Principal Component Analysis tool available in OriginPro.
This version offers the following additional features:
- Group support in Score Plot and Biplot.
- Confidence ellipse in Score Plot and Biplot.
- 3D plot support for Loading Plot, Score Plot and Biplot.
- Outlier detection in Score Plot and Biplot.
Download the file PCAC.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Click the Principal Component Analysis icon in the Apps Gallery window to open the dialog.
- In the Input tab, choose data in the worksheet for Input Data, where each column represents a variable.
You can also choose a column for Observations, which can be used for labels in Score Plot and Biplot.
Group can be used to divide observations in Score Plot and Biplot.
- In the Settings tab, Analyze option determines whether to standardize columns (Correlation Matrix) or not.
Number of Components to Extract is used to control output of loadings, scores and their plots.
Standardize Scores option will standardize scores of each component to set the variance to be equal to 1.
- In Quantities to Compute tab, check options to control which results to output in Report Data sheet.
- In Plots tab, specify whether to create Scree Plot, Loading Plot, Score Plot and Biplot.
All except Scree Plot support 2D and 3D. The last two also support confidence ellipse and labeling of outliers.
- Click OK button. A report sheet, a report data sheet and a plot data sheet will be created.
If Show Confidence Ellipse option is checked in Plots tab, a Matrix book will also be created.
Sample OPJU File
This App provides a sample OPJU file. Right click on the Principal Component Analysis icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file PCASample.opju from the folder onto Origin.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).
If a row in Input Data contains one or more missing values, the entire row will be excluded in the analysis.